Your first visit is all about your child's comfort, happiness, and health
Our practice is committed to providing you and your family with safe, gentle, high-quality dental care. We understand that some children may feel anxious about visiting the dentist and we aim to be sensitive to the specific needs of each of our patients.
During your child’s first visit, we will:
- Answer any questions or concerns
- Review the dental and medical history
- Assess growth and development
- Look for cavities or any other signs of tooth decay
- Inspect the teeth and gums for gingivitis and signs of periodontal disease
- Check for any problems that may not be seen or felt
- Discuss an individiualize prevention plan for your child
- Complete a dental cleaning
- If indicated, take dental X-rays
Please bring your smile, but also don't forget:
- Your completed patient information form
- Your insurance card
- Please have any X-rays from previous dental homes sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Regular checkups are an important part of maintaining a healthy smile!
The American Dental Association recommends that children visit the dentist every six months for regular checkups and routine teeth cleanings to keep the teeth and gums healthy.
We understand that your family has a busy schedule, so when you’re preparing for a dental visit, please remember that a cleaning appointment can last between 20 and 40 minutes.