We are committed to you safety during COVID-19
We are committed to keeping our families and coworkers safe. Infection control has always been a top priority for our pediatric dental practice. You may have seen this during past visits to our office. Our infection control processes have always been performed so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want you to be aware that in addition to our high standards of infection control, we have added even more researched-based systems to further reduce risk and keep our patients safe during this pandemic. In response to the North Carolina Dental Board, The American Dental Association (ADA), and the Center for Disease Control (CDC), we have updated our personal protective equipment and infection control procedures to meet and exceed current OSHA guidelines. This new equipment and systems will mean that your appointment and your providers may look a little different from prior visits. We made these changes to help protect our patients and our team.
We've made a video so your children can see our new superhero costumes
Here is a video of our new protective equipment, which we are referring to as our "superhero costumes."
We've made several changes to our Winston-Salem and Kernersville offices to keep you safe
To help protect our patients and our team members, we have added the following protocols to our office's infection control measures. Air filtration and purification systems have been added to both the HVAC and treatment areas that are FDA approved to remove 99.99% of viral particles. Additionally,
- Barrier shields/sneeze guards have been added to the check-in/check out areas.
- In addition to our advanced protocols of our patient care areas, all other areas will be disinfected regularly and frequently, including door handles, bathrooms, countertops and any other common space.
- Staff will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms and have their temperature taken twice daily.
- Clinical staff will be equipped to wear a gown, cap, N-95 equivalent face mask, and face shield.
- Families will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms prior to the appointment at confirmation and check-in and asked to fill out our COVID-19 Consent Form.
- Families will be asked to wear face masks when entering/exiting the building.
- If possible, only the patient will be present during the appointment with parents/legal guardians waiting in the car. Exceptions will be made for young children and children with special healthcare needs. Parents may be present during check-in/check-out if needed.
- Patients will have their temperature taken prior to the appointment with a contact-less thermometer.
- Patients will remain a minimum of 6 feet apart. As a result, we are scheduling at a reduced capacity to uphold social distancing measures.
We appreciate your patience with us as we navigate this unprecedented time. To learn more, see our full reopening policy.
A few things to tell your children before their next visit
If your child is younger, please discuss the following topics prior to their appointment so they know what to expect:
- The dentists and team members may be wearing a superhero costume
- We are asking all school-aged children and older to come back on their own, just like they would at school
- All school aged children and accompanying adults must wear a mask when inside the building
- Though we look different, the rest of their dental visit will not feel different. We will still complete all exams, cleanings, and treatment in the most gentle, caring and fun way possible!
What parents are saying about our new COVID-19 protocols
Thank you for all you do!
We always have a great experience at your office. My kids are comfortable thanks to the child-like atmosphere and friendly staff! Thankful for your organization as well, check-in and check-out are always smooth and quick, even with the new process during COVID. Thanks for all you do!
My kids felt safe and cared for, the procedures were well thought-out
"I am so grateful for your professionalism and care. My kids and I were a little anxious, wondering how it would be to go to the dentist during the COVID pandemic. The procedures were well thought-out and excecuted. My kids felt safe and cared for and were in and out in under 30 minutes. Thank you so much for always providing the best care."
They are taking extra precautions to keep everyone safe
"Dr. Kate Lambert and staff are AMAZING!!!! It's like wrestling an alligator trying to brush my 2yo teeth. Dr. Kate is MAGIC! She was able to keep my daughter calm and cooperative. They are taking extra precautions to keep everyone safe during this COVID crisis! I can't thank them enough for enough for such a great visit and experience."
Took my daughter back as quickly as possible
"They took my daughter back as quickly as possible from the care due to COVID-19. She was in and out quickly and I recieved feedback from the hygienist on what to do for her tooth issue."
The staff was great at staying masked
Dr. Lipp and trhe hygienist were all so fun and patient with my nervous daughter! Dr. Lipp took the time to explain everything to my 4 year old (who does better when she knows what to expect) and the staff was great at staying maksed and keeping everything as sanitary as possible.
Continue to go above and beyond during the pandemic
Everyone in this office always goes above and beyond to make not just the kids feel comfortable, but the parents too. Visit during this pandemic was no different.
Safest possible environment for my child
Very organized and good communication. Provided safest possible environment for my child. Doctors and staff are trustworthy, friendly, and smart. COVID19 prepared.
For more information about our phases of reopening and scheduling please see our letter to our families.
For additional resources on COVID-19, you can visit the ADA, CDC, and OSHA websites to read more on infection control policies during the COVID-19 pandemic.